The Greek Golden Visa Program refers to the residence permit which is available to investors in real estate, bank deposits and securities.
TYPES OF INVESTMENT:
The investments which qualify for this type of residence permit are:
1- Investment in real estate in Greece.
– Acquisition of real estate property in Greece, the value of which must be at least 250 000 euros, or
– Acquisition of real estate property in Greece, the value of which is at least 250 00 euros through a fully owned company having its seat in Greece or another EU member state, or
– Long term lease of a combined tourist facility or timeshare lease of a touristic facility, the amount of which must be at least 250 000 euros, or
– Acquisition at full ownership through inheritance (intestate or through a will) or through parental gift, real estate property amounting to at least 250 000.
2- Investment in securities:
– Capital contribution, amounting to at least four hundred thousand (400,000) euros, to a company headquartered or established in Greece, except for Holding Companies and Real Estate Investment Companies, for the acquisition of stock in a capital stock increase or bonds upon the issuance of a bond loan, which are listed for trading in regulated markets or multilateral trading facilities operating in Greece.
– Capital contribution, amounting to at least four hundred thousand (400,000) euros, to a Real Estate Investment Company (REIC) under article 21 of Law 2778/1999 (OJHR A-295), whose object is to invest exclusively in Greece, for the acquisition of stock in an increase of its capital stock.
– Capital contribution, amounting to at least four hundred thousand (400,000) euros, to a Venture Capital Company (VCC) under article 5 of Law 2367/1995 (OJHR A-261) for the acquisition of stock, or capital contribution to a Venture Capital Fund (VCF) under article 7 of Law 2992/2002 (OJHR A-54) for the acquisition of stock, provided that the object of the said Alternative Investment Funds (AIF) is to invest exclusively in companies headquartered or established in Greece.
– Purchase of Greek Treasury bonds, with an acquisition value of at least four hundred thousand (400,000) euros and a residual duration, at the time of purchase, at least three (3) years, through a credit institution established in Greece, which is also their custodian.
– Purchase of shares, corporate bonds, or Greek Treasury bonds, which are listed for trading or traded in regulated markets or multilateral trading facilities operating in Greece, of an acquisition value of at least eight hundred thousand (800,000) euro.
– Purchase of shares of an acquisition value of at least four hundred thousand (400,000) euros in a mutual fund, which has been established in Greece or another country and whose object is to invest exclusively in shares, corporate bonds or Greek Treasury bonds that are listed for trading or traded in regulated markets or multilateral trading facilities operating in Greece.
– Purchase of shares or stock of an acquisition value of at least four hundred thousand (400,000) euro in an Alternative Investment Fund (AIF), which has been established in Greece or another Member State of the European Union and whose object is to invest exclusively in real estate in Greece, provided it is included, upon its request, in the list compiled by the Foreign Funds Directorate of the Ministry of Development and Investment in cooperation with the Hellenic Capital Market Commission.
3- Investment through bank deposit:
– Term deposit of at least four hundred thousand (400,000) euros, in a domestic credit institution, for at least one year, with a standing renewal order.
Investors in real estate, securities and bank deposits, may apply for a 5- year residence permit ( golden visa ) in Greece. The residence permit may be renewed for as long as the conditions for the investment are fulfilled.
The main applicant (investor) may be accompanies by the members of his/ her family, that is:
– His/ her spouse
– The children under the age of 21 years old
– The ascendants (parents) of both spouses.
√ 5-Year residence permit, allowing the applicant and his family to reside in Greece permanently.
√ Possibility to travel freely (without visa) within the Schengen area, for up to 3 months per semester.
√ The requirement of investment in real estate in the amount of 250 000 euros, is among the lowest within the EU.
√ Possibility to lease the real estate property and generate income.
√ No requirement to reside in Greece for any minimum duration.
√ It is possible to apply for the residence permit, without travelling to Greece, through a Power of Attorney.
√ Speedy process for obtaining the residence permit.
√ Possibility to invest through a legal entity.
√ Investors in securities and bank deposits may liquidate their investment and reinvest in a different category of investment in bank deposit, real estate or securities, within a 2- month deadline.
HOW WE MAY ASSIST YOU:
1- We provide assistance and advice in finding the suitable investment for you.
2- We assist throughout the negotiations and the procedure of securing the investment, by carrying due diligence verifications on the real estate property, coordinating the procedure with the seller, the notary, the bank and any other parties involved.
3- We draft a power of attorney and liaise with the Greek Consular authorities abroad. This allows us to represent you before the Greek authorities and proceed to any actions instructed by you, including filing the application for the golden visa, in case you do not wish to travel to Greece, before the submission of the application.
4- We proceed to all the necessary actions and prepare the application file for the golden visa.
5- We accompany you to the migration authorities, for the provision of biometrical data. This may be done at any time within 12 months of filing the application for residence permit.
6- We assist you with the management of your property, change of utilities in your name, draft lease agreements, in case you wish to lease it, and generally we may represent you before any Greek person or authority.
To contact us please fill the form below